1. How long does a red-eared slider live? Up to 50 years?
2. The 2-kg slider is plump, outgrowing her shell. Does the shell keep growing?
At what age does the shell stop growing?
3. Gender of slider. How to sex it?
IMAGES AND ILLUSTRATIONS.
Check for images from toa payoh vets and elsewhere.
4. Holding the slider upside down. Will she die as she cannot breathe? Is this a myth?
5. HOUSING A 3-foot long tank for this 33-year-old slider.Too small?
6. Changing water every 2 days in this 3-foot tank. Is it too infrequent?
I suggested daily as the tank has no filtration
ILLUSTRATE AN IDEAL TANK ARRANGEMENT FOR BASKING, PUMP, UV LIGHT for this 33-year-old slider,
7. Left eyelid swollen and puffly. Video. Why? Do thorough research
8. Not eating the commercial pellets now. Why? 2 other sliders had same problem when fed a new can of pellets from Taiwan. Poor quality or toxic pellets? Advised changing to shrimps but owner afraid the slider will not eat pellets anymore (CONFLICT)
9. Used to eat shrimps and prawns from young. Suffered a serious disease, the owner said. Changed to commercial pellets. Recently, the slider does not eat.
So not stools.
Urine? Don't know.
Drinking? Don't know.
10. Mouth examination. How to open the mouth? Video.
A cyst at the back of the tongue and tongue ulcer. Can video show?
11. Cleanliness of the slider. Green skin scales need to be peeled off.
12. Hardened backside. Is this due to aging +/- lack of exercise?
13. Owner worried that
13.1 bacteria from grass infect slider. Possible. A tiled area or much bigger tank.
13.2 cats and birds kill it when exposed in the lawn.
14. Very rarely do I see a 33-year-old. Same age as the gentleman. Many Singaporeans dump the terrapins into the reservoirs.