Create a video: Aspect Ratio: 9:16. AN OLD DACHSHUND DOG LICKS THE FLOOR for several minutes.
"Why is my dog licking the floor for several minutes?" Mr Tan showed me a smartphone video of his old dachshund bending his head onto the floor, using his tongue to lick various areas of the floor of the apartment, walking from the corner of the room to the centre of the room. "He had never done this before1". Mr Tan, 60-year-old Chinese, short black-haired, bespectacled, in white long-sleeved shirt and black pants is a manager in the bank. He is tall, tanned and broad shouldered. His face showed concern and worried about his pet dog's behaviour. He placed his old Dachshund with no hair on the dog's body, except in the head and tail, onto the stainless steel veterinary consultation table.
I am Dr David, 77-year-old Chinese man in light blue hospital scrub, consulting at the Toa Payoh Vets. I viewed his video. Text overlay: "There are a few reasons why your dog keeps licking the floor!" I looked at him from one side of the consultation table.
---------------
Mr Tan, 60-year-old Chinese, short black-haired, bespectacled, in white long-sleeved shirt and black pants is a manager in the bank. He is tall, tanned and broad shouldered.
I am Dr David, 77-year-old Chinese man in light blue hospital scrub, consulting at the Toa Payoh Vets. I am a veterinarian. I opened the dachshund's mouth to examine his teeth and gums and said. "Old dogs lick the floor usually because they feel sick in their stomach, feel pain, or are stressed."
I said: "The Common Reasons may be one of the following":
- Upset Tummy: Nausea, acid reflux, or gas makes dogs produce extra spit, so they lick things to feel better.
- Pain: Aching joints or sore bellies make older dogs anxious, and licking releases calming brain chemicals.
- Brain Aging: Senior dogs can get dog dementia (Cognitive Dysfunction), causing confused and repetitive habits.
- Tasting Food: Dogs have a strong sense of smell and might taste tiny food spills or crumbs you cannot see.
----------------
Old dogs lick the floor usually because they feel sick in their stomach, feel pain, or are stressed. [1, 2]
Common Reasons
- Upset Tummy: Nausea, acid reflux, or gas makes dogs produce extra spit, so they lick things to feel better.
- Pain: Aching joints or sore bellies make older dogs anxious, and licking releases calming brain chemicals.
- Brain Aging: Senior dogs can get dog dementia (Cognitive Dysfunction), causing confused and repetitive habits.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.