548. Dressing the incision wound after neuter or spay in a dog or cat
INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING THE DRESSING/STITCHES FOR YOUR PET
USE OF DRESSING
1. Before applying, clean and dry wound and the surrounding skin thoroughly.
2. Peel away the paper frame, exposing the adhesive surface.
3. Cover the wound with the dressing.
4. Smooth down the edges of the dressing.
REMOVAL OF DRESSING
1. Change the dressing 3 days after surgery or earlier if it is torn, no longer sticks or leaking with blood.
2. Lift the edge and peel fast (can be quite painful if you peel slowly).
3. Replace with a new dressing.
4. Remove the dressing 10 days after surgery.
REMOVAL OF SKIN SUTURES
1. If the vet has advised, return for stitch removal 14 days after surgery.
2. If dissolvable sutures are used, the vet will advise that there is no need to return for stitch removal.
Website and more pictures are at: