iPhone 15 Pro Max
Sat 18 July 2026:
I had a long chat with Mr Tony Loh, 70 years old in 2 months' time. He is a petrol pump assistant. "What a bright sunny day today," I started the conversation.
"Many in Singapore complains about the weather here. Look at Japan. It is having a heat wave!" he said. "My daughter (works from home) used to visit Japan on her own. You must know the native language as you will be inconvenienced and get stuck or interned in the airport room in Japan."
"It is unusual to be stuck in Japan immigration," I said. "She booked her air ticket online and not directly from the airlines. There was an administrative fee to be paid. I paid for her as tour must be smooth, not get held up by the Japanese immigration."
40 years in Changi Airport. Now a pump assistant who has 2 months left to work as the company retires him at the age of 70. "There was a Senior who bent down to retrieve and article. He was run down by the reversing car, hence now all Seniors must retire at 70!". He was fit and alert attending to car drivers. I felt that the company had been unkind.
I asked him for a photo and he obliged. I wished him good luck in getting a job from his boss at Changi Airport Cargo section. He is still able to walk and work. He used to climb up steps of Jumbos, do luggage checks when a bomb was reported by a maid's employer who was angry with the departing maid and made this bomb threat.
He has many stories to tell. A very nice gentleman, slim, bright eyes and happy.
-----------------------------------------
- Fuel Dispensing: Accurately pumping the requested type and amount of fuel (e.g., diesel, RON 92, RON 95, or RON 98) safely into customers' vehicles. [1, 2, 3, 4]
- Payment Processing: Operating cash registers, processing credit/debit card transactions, providing correct change, and issuing receipts. [1, 2]
- Customer Service: Greeting customers warmly, answering inquiries about fuel prices or promotions, and assisting drivers. [1, 2]
- Vehicle Maintenance: Performing basic checks, such as inflating tires, checking engine oil and coolant levels, and cleaning windshields. [1, 2]

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.