More travel agents have participated in NATAS Travel Fair in Aug 17-19, 2018 compared to previous year. Chan Brothers was missing as the agency had participated in the Travel Revolution Fair, a competitor.
1. High expenses of advertisements, rental and staff
Big agencies can afford the $50,000-60,000 rental for 480 sq m of exhibition space and draw the crowd. Small booths of small agencies must be in the niche areas (e.g. Bhutan, Uzbekistan) to attract interest.
2. Need to have new destinations e.g. Antartica or semi-tours (50% free and easy for example)
3. Hotels and resorts deal direct, by-passing travel agencies nowadays
4. Online bookings by younger generation
5. Suitable for families and elderly.
6. Hassles of planning and booking
Some videos and images.