Although slow-growing, a cactus plant is fairly self-sustaining as it stores moisture in its roots, leaves and stems, and so largely regulates its own food intake. A cactus plant likes a light, airy and warm spot – but not too hot, around 18°C is ideal – and can cope well in direct sunlight.
2. What's the best spot in the home to place a cactus?
6. Types of cactus: what are the most common species?
9. What pests do you need to look out for?
12. Is a cactus the same as a succulent?
13. What is a Christmas cactus? And how is it different?