October 21, 2016. Cologne, Germany. TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY. A checklist if you want to take better photos of people and landscapes at "affordable" prices
1. Two multiple power point adapters, not one. 2. Two pens.
3. A light hand-carried bag with wheels on board the plane as the equipment and bag can
weigh more than 9 kg
CAMERA - DSLR
4. DSLR camera with TWO lenses - 55-250 mm zoom, 18-135 mm.
The Canon EOS 70D can be used for videography but not any Canon brand
5. TWO battery chargers (Only one shown in image)
6. At least 3 batteries in cold weather. 7. At least 3 SD cards for the camera
8. Camera bag with compartments for two lenses and batteries. Carry with you everywhere
9. Transparent plastic bag to protect camera during rain
CAMERA - Smartphone is useless for distant landscape scenes from moving coaches
10. Smartphone, preferably iPhone and cord. Several toilet stop stations in Germany reject free wifi connection to Samsung's WhatsApp but not iPhone's.
11. Power bank and TWO cords - one for power bank and one for smartphone connection
12. A selfie stick with cord to smartphone (not in image)
13. Fish-eye lens attachment for smartphone (not in image)
14. Short tripod for smartphone for ease of handling and live streaming of videoes
to Facebook (not in image)
15. Power cord. 16. USB adapter.
17. USB adapter with a charger to the main power point if you have several
USB connections (not in image)
18. TWO portable hard discs and cords. 19. Mouse
Spectacles - sun glasses or reading spectacles. Medication - muscle cramp ointment, anti-diarrhoea, pain killers for arthritis, warm jacket with hood, plastic raincoat, photocopies of your identity card, passport, travel insurance.