Bright sunshine and blue skies. Sunday morning April 17th, 2011
Started work at 9.30 am and finished at 6.00pm with Dr Vanessa.
1. Shih Tzu bites till the paws and feet bleeds. Very distressed to see a dog going at its body and feet. E-collar helped but bleeding stains apartment. Couple saw Vet 1 twice but no resoltion. Expat husband phoned Vet 1 today (Sunday) but no response. "When Vet 1 returns call," the husband said to me, "I had already phoned Toa Payoh Vets for an appointment."
"Skin diseases are not easy to cure in many cases," I said. I handled this case as the leading vet with Dr Vanessa as it would be an emotional case and I prefer to take the lead. Dr Vanessa was OK with this approach.
2. Rabbit with big jaw abscess. I asked my vet whether she would operate. She passed. So I did it the next day.
3. Three female SPAYED dogs with skin disease.
1. Low platelet. Lots of yellow pus in vulva. Why?
2. Bites flanks both sides. Alopecia. Endocrine? Vulva very small (spayed very young). Reddish.
3. Old dog. Health screening. Blood test. Vulva normal pink and size.